Umso is an exceptional no-code landing page builder. There is truly no other platform that enables you to spin up landing pages as fast as Umso does.
If you’re looking for a platform that will allow you to build lightning fast landing pages as well as host your website and content management system (CMS), then Umso should be one of the options at the top of your list.
Disclaimer: If you want a landing page builder that gives you complete control over the design and layout of your landing pages, then Umso is not the choice for you. Versoly and Webflow will be great alternatives for that use case.
Whilst Umso is not the most feature packed landing page builder available, it has a lot of built-in features that some lack. Umso also has no learning curve which is probably the main reason why it doesn’t offer as many features as other landing page builders. This isn’t a bad thing though as it helps you focus on the important aspects of your landing pages rather than wasting time trying to make all elements pixel perfect.
Below is a list of some of the standout features that Umso has to offer.
- Fast static pages - Umso generates and hosts static pages on a content delivery network (CDN) to ensure the best possible page speeds and performance for your landing pages.
- 100% No-code landing page generator - Umso sets itself apart from other landing page builders in that instead of using templates or pre-built sections, you use their landing page generator which compiles a design for you based on your decisions and what you are offering. It is quite simply superb!
- Powerful custom forms - If you’re building landing pages you’re most likely going to need a form to capture some sort of user information. One of the great features that Umso has to offer is the ability to create custom forms. This is extremely powerful and removes the need to use third party tools to collect lead data on your landing pages.
- Built-in cookie consent solution - We all love cookies. Okay, maybe not. Umso makes sure that your landing pages are compliant with its built-in cookie consent solution. This is a helpful feature and it removes the need to use and pay for a third party tool.
- Custom domains - Umso allows you to add a custom domain to your landing pages, and additionally, allows you to connect a subdomain. This is an important feature as most of the time, landing pages that are used for paid campaigns are generally hosted separately from the main website.
- SEO features - Umso landing pages are built with clean code and provide built-in SEO features to ensure that your landing pages are searchable and prioritised by search engines.
- Privacy-first analytics - With Umso you don't have to compromise your visitor's privacy for analytics insights. The built-in analytics solution provides you with insights while collecting the least amount of data necessary. The best part is that there is no setup required.
- Multilingual landing pages - Umso lets you reach a wider audience by giving you the option to translate your landing pages into multiple languages. The solution is completely no-code and SEO friendly.
- Code injection - Umso offers the ability to inject <script> or <style> tags to customise your landing pages, however, adding too much custom code will have a negative effect on performance.
- Blogs - Blogging functionality isn’t needed for landing pages, we know that, however, this feature could be used in a variety of ways that can assist your landing pages. For example, you can use the blogging functionality to create case studies that you can link to your landing pages and vice versa.
Umso differentiates itself from other landing page builders in that there are actually no templates to choose from in order to fast track building your landing pages.
Instead Umso takes a different approach. Each landing page is created individually, and all you need to do is make a few decisions and Umso will generate a beautifully designed landing page. It sounds pretty cool, but you can only truly appreciate it if you try it yourself.
A few of the major benefits of this approach are:
- It’s much quicker than editing a pre-built template.
- The design and layout is dependent on the choices you make. If you don’t like a specific section, it’s easy to switch it for another.
- Your design won’t be exactly the same as another landing page. This is something that is quite common with other landing page builders.
- It’s extremely fun to use and requires minimal effort.
You can test the Umso generator for free by clicking here.
Pricing is where Umso falls short compared to its competition. It is by no means unfair, but it is quite expensive for those that only need to publish landing pages on one custom domain. You can publish landing pages for free on an Umso subdomain, but that’s not useful for serious users.
Where the Umso pricing structure does start to make sense is if you’re going to be publishing landing pages on multiple custom domains, using their CMS feature for a blog, building custom forms, or using their multi-language support.
There are currently three pricing plans available on Umso.
From $21 per month (billed annually) or $25 per month (billed monthly), the Basic plan is quite expensive. You’ll only be able to have one custom domain published on this plan, however, you can pay an additional $10 per month if you need additional sites.
This plan does include excellent features for fully fledged websites such as;
- Built-in analytics
- Custom code
From $38 per month (billed annually) or $45 per month (billed monthly), the Startup plan makes a lot more sense and would be the popular choice for most users.
You’ll get access to all of Umso’s features with this plan, except having the ability to export the HTML, CSS, or JS of your landing pages.
You’ll also be able to publish three sites on custom domains compared to just one on the Basic plan. Hurrah!
As you’d expect, the Business plan comes with all the bells and whistles, however, at $63 per month (billed annually) or $75 per month (billed monthly), only choose this plan if you;
- Need to have landing pages on multiple domains. You can have up to 5 custom domains on this plan.
- Need to export the HTML, CSS, and JS of your landing pages.
If you’re just starting out with building landing pages and are on a tight budget, Umso may not be the best choice. If you have multiple landing pages on multiple custom domains, Umso is one of the most reliable, performance-driven landing page builders that you should consider using.
Is Umso a website builder, landing page builder, or a content management system (CMS)?
All of the above. Umso is a website builder, however, as with all website builders, it is possible to build landing pages. Umso also has a blogging feature that allows you to add and manage content such as articles, blog posts, case studies, and more.
Do I need to know how to code to use Umso?
No. Umso is a no-code platform and has virtually no learning curve to build stunning, high performing landing pages.
Is Umso SEO-friendly?
Yes. Umso landing pages are built with clean code and provide built-in SEO features to ensure that your landing pages are searchable and prioritised by search engines.
Can I use a subdomain on Umso?
Yes. This is an important feature as most of the time, landing pages that are used for paid campaigns are generally hosted separately from the main website. Umso allows you to host your landing pages on a subdomain (e.g. campaign.example.com) or a root domain (e.g. example.com).
Can I customise my Umso landing pages however I want?
Not really. Umso focuses on their opinionated design, meaning all the available elements and templates are designed to suit some landing pages better than others. Umso does offer the ability to inject code to customise your landing pages, however, adding too much custom code will have a negative effect on performance.
Can you create multilingual landing pages on Umso?
Yes. Umso has a multilingual feature built-in which requires no code to set up.
Can you create custom forms on Umso?
Yes. Umso has a built-in custom forms feature that allows you to create powerful forms without code. The solution offers flexible design, spam prevention, the ability to integrate with Zapier and custom webhooks, and to manage form submissions directly from your Umso dashboard.
Umso is the best landing page builder for those that want to spend the least amount of time building landing pages, but still want beautifully designed, high performance landing pages that can scale.
There are cheaper, more flexible landing page builders available, however, Umso is an excellent choice for those that want more than simply a landing page builder. Thanks to the blogging functionality, Umso stands out from its competitors and is the ideal solution for those that want to have their marketing website, content management system (CMS), and landing pages in one platform.
If you’d like to learn more about Umso or want to give it a try, click here.